The best Christmas Gift!
It was a rainy day just two days before Christmas a few short years ago. An expected knock at the door came and with much anticipation we rushed to open the lock. Standing right on our front door step was a beautiful STORK with the most wonderful delivery ever! Little Miss got her little brother! What a wonderful time of year to have a brand new bundle of joy.
We kept this delivery a secret from most everyone. My mom was with me and Big Mister's parents arrived shortly after. Little Mister came hungry and he's still hungry! I remember kissing those big squishy cheeks over and over. I could hardly believe he was MINE! Yet, I knew from the moment he was placed in my arms that he was MINE! (How Little Miss accepted all this is for another story!)
We wanted Little Mister to be a fun Christmas surprise for our family. Showing up at family events with the new addition to our family would be so exciting. Two Christmases in a row we had a brand new baby and it was thrilling. This was such a blessing for us after so many years without children at the "happiest time of the year".
It had taken us four heart-wrenching months to get Little Mister in our home. Therefore, we did not let very many people in on our secret! He was an answer to many, many prayers, and not ours alone.
Christmas Day we walked into Big Mister's parents house and all of his siblings were gathered around waiting to open gifts. Big Mister walked in with Little Miss and I followed him with our new baby boy. As I presented him to the family the peace and joy I felt are hard to describe. I was finally content. I had a girl and a boy and I felt life could now go on. That's a great feeling!
I love a Christmas Song called, "The Best Gift". It sums up my feelings.
The best giftEach Christmas I reflect on these two wonderful blessings and am so grateful for the opportunity to be their mother.
That I ever got
Didn't really weigh a lot
It didn't have a ribbon 'round
And it sometimes made the terrible sound
The best of all it seems to me
It wasn't neath the Christmas tree
And yet, I guess I'd have to say
That it made all the other presents twice as gay
The best gift that I've ever known
I'd always wanted most to own
Yet in my dreams of sugar and spice
I never thought it could be so nice
The best gift that I ever get
Was sometimes dry and sometimes wet
Was usually pink but oftentimes red
As it lay so innocently in its bed
The best gift of the year to me
The one I hold most dear to me
A gift that simply drove me wild
Was a tiny new born child...
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:
I will never foreget coming to drop off a treat and you saying something like...Come here for a minute, see what I have. What a wonderful time that was.
Now off to dry my tears and finish the last leg of this wonderful Christmas marathon.
Hi Carla--are you related to Jeff Cooley? He is Jeremy's mission pres. in the Sao Paulo Brazil, North mission. Just wondering. Happy New Year. Susan
P.S. You can check out Jeremy's mission web site @www.missionsite.net/eldergratil--Susan
Hi Carla--are you related to Jeff Cooley? He is Jeremy's mission pres. in the Sao Paulo Brazil, North mission. Just wondering. Happy New Year. Susan
Post a Comment