Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday's Story

A few Christmases ago the following letter written by Big Mister was printed on red paper, rolled up and tied with a beautiful gold, sparkling bow. It was hidden in the branches of our Christmas tree.

That Christmas was extra special as just three months earlier we received a new little pink bundle of joy to call our very own. It was our long awaited gift from Heaven.

Heaven

(Birthdate)

Mother;

Oh Mother, how can I put down in the few moments that I have left how excited I am to come to earth. I have waited so long for my turn. I can barely restrain the impulse to run.

Oh Mother, how I long for your embrace, your touch, your gaze and your love. I know that you have waited so long for me. I hope you can love me as much as I already love you. You cannot know the agonizing moments of your heartfelt prayers to the Father, how many times would I have touched your brow and whispered comfort into your sweet ears. But, of course, it is Father's plan we are both following, and it is His timing that we must both abide.

How excited I am to be coming, already I can hear them call for me.

Mother, never doubt for a second that I am your daughter. We chose each other at the beginning of time and we are joined, sealed through eternity by our bonds of love.

Oh Mother, how can I tell you of the agonies I felt each time that you beseeched the Father for me, and I could not answer you. Know that each of your prayers was answered by one of my own.

Mother, I go now to another, but for a short time only. Know that your season of want is passed. How can I tell you of how my prayers have been answered. You must never doubt that I am yours, as I have been for eternity. I shall be with you in the blink of an eye, and from that time forth, we shall always be as one. Mother and daughter. Sister and friend.

I love you Mother. I must go. I come to the place you have prepared and deliver myself up unto your care. Thank you for being my mom and for loving me unselfishly. Thank you for answering my prayers.

I go, now, to you.

Love always, Little Miss

Thank you again Big Mister for writing such a beautiful letter from Heaven.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Wow, what a way to start the morning! That was a beautiful letter, please tell me you cried when you read that the first time. Very sweet.

Kimberly said...

Wow. I totally cried. You had to of cried when you received it and when you wrote it just now. Wow! Did Mark write that? What a gift and such a true story.

I love Wednesday's. :)

Alli grins said...

Very cool! What a beautiful thing to remember each Christmas. Your family is so amazing and those sweet kids are blessed to live in such a loving, fun family. Thanks for sharing this, Carla:-)

Everyday Moments said...

Kimberly,

Yes, he wrote that. He has always been really good at writing and story telling!