Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Birthday

Today is Daddy's (Big Mister) Birthday. He took the day off work. Hooray! The kids like it when their Dad gets to take them to school, and pick them up. Mom really likes it, too.

We are so busy, I'm not sure what we will do to celebrate...I have a long, long list of errands. He'll probably pick a place for lunch and then have a favorite dinner with the kids at home.

Since it's a birthday celebration I'll jot down some of the reasons I love this Big Mister of mine!

1. He treats me like a QUEEN. Always has and I hope he always will.
2. He does not mind unstacking the dishwasher...my most hated chore.
3. He makes me the BEST, soft beds when we go camping (and never forgets my body pillow).
4. He loves helping others.
5. He takes the kids when I am up against a deadline and just lets me get my stuff done without interruptions.
6. He lets me drive (because I am a really bad back seat driver, therefore, less fights!)
7. He always remembers my favorite things (and that's quite a list).
8. He writes the best poems and love letters and is very thoughtful.
9. He squeegees the shower door and walls after he showers to prevent hard water/soap build up. I know not all husbands do this. This saves me hours of scrubbing.
10. He tells great bedtime stories to the kids.
11. He always lets me have "just one bite" of whatever he has.
12. He always asks what he can do to help and does not mind whatever it is.
13. He lets me talk and talk when we go to bed at night....most of the time he does not even fall asleep!
14. He goes grocery shopping with me, coupon delays and all. He finds the thrill in it "almost" as much as I do.
15. He does not mind going with me on all my errands...just so we can spend time together.
16. Most of all, he honors his Priesthood and loves his Savior.

These are just a few of the reasons I love Big Mister.

Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

What a sweet post! I ♥ your list

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday Mark! You definitely got a gold mine with that man! He's always adored you and has treated you like a queen. He's a great family man and always has yours and your children's best interest at heart. What a guy!