Tuesday, December 30, 2008

There's no place like home

Yesterday Little Miss was invited to a friend's house to play. So, we made a trade. She went there and one of theirs came here. We had a sweet little girl playing in our home with William and our Utah visitors. They had loads of fun playing all day.

It was decided that they could each spend the night. When it was bedtime our cute little visitor wasn't so sure she wanted to stay. We called mom to bring her special sleeping animal but when mom came she wanted to go. I totally understand.

Our house was quiet about 11:00 p.m. when the phone rang. I ran to the phone so it would not wake the sleeping household. It was the other mom. Little Miss wanted to come home.

She ran to my arms when she saw me and asked for her daddy. I laid her in bed with dad and then climbed in myself. Little Miss and I just laid there and talked for about half an hour. I loved it. These are the times when kids will really open up and tell all. I missed her and was so glad she was home.

She said, "I missed you and my house". I said, "There's no place like home". And she agreed, "Yep, mom. There's no place like home".

We hugged, kissed and drifted off into dreamland. (Sometime in the night she got moved to her very own bed and cuddled right up next to Pooh Bear).

HOME!

No comments: