Today I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed with my "to-do list" (why do I volunteer for so many things when I have so much to do anyway?) I'm sure we have all wondered that.I have so much to do, I wonder how I’ll get it all done.
Then I ran across this tidbit.
Take care of today’s cares today and tomorrow’s cares tomorrow.
Heavenly Father did not create the earth in a day. He finished one task before moving to the next, and finally, in time, it was all completed. It is marvelously liberating to say, “I will worry about Thursday's problems on Thursday and today’s today.” (easier said than done....but I can work on it :)
I also remember back to a Religion teacher at BYU, George D. Durrant. He wrote a book titled "My Best Day So Far", a how-to book on happiness. I remember him telling us that when someone would ask him, "How are you today?", he'd reply, "It's my best day so far". I love that and try to remember that each day.
Now, back to my to-do list to cross off a few items. One is make refreshments for Court of Honor which has taken me most of the morning (hence, not getting much else done!)
What I'll worry about tomorrow: make dessert for Teacher Appreciation Luncheon at noon. (what to make??)
The rest will just have to fall into place here and there.
1 comment:
Just one of the many reasons I love you so much! You are an inspiration to me!
Post a Comment