Sunday, September 28, 2008

Boredom Busters Activity

To help us beat the afternoon "I'm bored" syndrome, we made Puff Paint found HERE which kept us busy for about two hours. Mom made dinner while the kids painted and puffed until their little hearts were content! Ahhhh...it was so nice.
















































































Ingredients:
4 Tablespoons self-rising flour
4 Tablespoons salt
water
food coloring

Mix flour and salt together. Add water until mixture becomes a thin paste. (not too thin...you need it to be thick enough so it will puff nicely). Divide mixture into small cups or muffin tin. Add different colors of food coloring to each cup and mix.
While still wet, microwave 30 seconds and the magic puff appears!

2 comments:

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Hi Carla, it's Jessica Betz from the ward. It was so fun to see you all at the campout! You have a such a cute family AND a cute blog. I ♥ those little pilgrim hats and will have to try them!

Lynnette Beatty said...

Hi Carla, this is Lynnette. You have such good ideas. I'll have to try the puff paint. I'm home schooling Hannah.