Friday, October 3, 2008

Food Storage Calculator

I loved this Food Storage Calculator that I ran across. Try it..you'll like it! Plug in the number of family members and it tells you about how much food storage you would need for one year. I liked this because it is short, concise and gave a really good gauge all in one place. I can print this out and place it in my "command center notebook" for easy reference. I must admit that the pounds of grain needed seems especially overwhelming. One step at a time....line upon line, right? I think I can...I think I can...I think I can!

This same site, Food Storage and Emergency Preparedness has a lot of other great information and links that are interesting.

Of course, the LDS Provident Living link to Family Home Storage is also important. I like that we are now asked to begin with at least a 3-month supply of food and other household items. For me, it's just easier to wrap my mind around three months vs. a one year supply. We're working on the one year!

Now if I can just find a calculator for all the non-food stuff!
“If ye are prepared ye shall not fear” (D&C 38:30).

No comments: