Monday, October 13, 2008

Wow, I'm IT!

We've been vacationing for seven days and I came back to being tagged. Thanks Katie, I feel so honored! Actually, this is harder than I thought it would be....1. Once I got to serve a nice fresh yummy blueberry doughnut to President Spencer W. Kimball who was visiting my grandfather's Grocery Store in Mesa. I worked in the bakery and one Saturday Grandpa came and asked me to package up some doughnuts and bring them out front. I headed out the door to a shiny black limousine, was introduced and then handed over the doughnuts. I remember thinking, "my friends are not going to believe this story". But, it's true.

2. I have a degree in Accounting and have attended MCC, ASU, BYU and the University of Phoenix.

3. I was on the front cover of "The Arizona Republic's Sunday Magazine" when I was three years old. It's like the "Parade Magazine" they have now. The Republic did a story about my dad's watermelon farm. My mom says that when the reporter came to our farm he took one look at me and asked my dad if I could go in the house and get "fixed up" for a photo shoot with the melons. The words at the bottom of the picture say "The Summer Solace". Mom and dad say they had lots of phone calls that Sunday and that we were all famous for about "15 minutes". Oh, under the word "Surprise" on my red dress it says, "daddy's girl". I don't think I'll ever find a watermelon that tasted as good as my daddy's. 4. I have traveled to 23 different states. Most of the visits were for work audit trips in the 1990's. I sure racked up the frequent flier miles back then.

5. I am a night owl. I love to stay up and watch the crazy political news shows or read, read, read until way too late.

6. My sister's and I perform on one of the nights as part of the Temple Christmas Lights program. This year we will be singing on Sunday evening, December 28th. Come and bring your family...it will be fun.

7. OK, I'll admit it. I am a clean freak. There, I said it! I am trying to relax a little bit, however:)

Now I'll tag Kimberly, Rochelle, Hana, Wendy, Lynnette, Jamie Have Fun.

6 comments:

Ging said...

Carla, that picture is so dang cute! I never knew about that, or the doughnut story. How cool is that???!!! BTW...I'm not surprised about the clean freak comment!

Jamie said...

Thanks for inviting me into the game!

Lynnette Beatty said...

Hi Carla! You were such a cute little baby! I just want to pick you up and squeeze you!
Love you lots...Lynnette

Jamie said...

Oh I loved learning more about you, and I had no idea you had a blog.

wendy said...

that water melon pic is aforable! I love it! I got your tag, and I will do it soon. Trying to catch up on blogging. I got behind and now I'm playing catch up

Sharron said...

Carla, I was hoping you would put the famous watermelon picture in when you talked about it and then I scrolled down and there it was! Memories. Of course, I wasn't born yet! Hee hee.