Lois S. Lister born in Mesa, Arizona on September 22, 1923 passed away at Odyssey Health Care on September 13, 2008. Mrs. Lister lived in Mesa her entire life; she worked at Cost + 10 Markets, Wrights Markets which became Hahn's.My thoughts about Lois.
I was just a very young girl when I would go and visit Grandpa's Grocery Store (Wright's Market) in Mesa. Mom says that I'd run first to Lois who always had a big squishy hug and a special treat for me. Lois worked in the office and I loved her. The friendship lasted my entire life. As I grew and worked at the store myself, Lois was always there. She made the best tuna sandwiches ever. (And I am not all that fond of tuna). She would mix tuna with mayo and walnuts then slap it all on a nice soft hamburger bun. She never used sliced bread! Lois was very crafty and I still have a few of the "crafty" things she gave to me through the years. For my wedding shower she cross stitched a saying and had it framed for me. It reads,
"A friend is a rare book of which but one copy is made".
Lois was also very excited when I married Big Mister. You see, he also worked at the Market and was a great friend of Lois's as well. She always wanted us to "get together". And so we did.
I'll miss my friend, Lois.
4 comments:
Hi Carla! So glad you found me, I am still quite new to this whole blog thing, but it's spreading like weeds in our ward..heehee, glad to see you are all doing great, by the way you look awesome, you lost ALOT of weight, good for you girl!! Take care, I'll be checkin back soon!
Carla, that was so sweet. We called Lois, Granny Lister. She was like a granny to us, we loved her! I "borroed" some of the Christmas ornaments she had made for my mom. I love them and I will cherish them always, especially now. Lois was always so nice to us when she worked w/my mom. She was a wonderful woman! One of the best!
I have so many great memories of Lois. We got so close while working at the store. I played an April Fool's joke on her that nearly gave her a heart attack! Fun memories.
Grateful to hear about Lois. Oh how we all loved her. I saw her EVERY week when my mother would take us to Grandpa's store (Wright's) to grocery shop & always felt loved. I remember one time being sent up to the office that overlooked the store and Lois was not there. My brother Ken and I were suppose to go find Lois and say "hi". Well, we didn't find her...we found the intercom and promptly Ken picked it up and pushed the talk button and I told him, being the responsible female and older sister, "stop that, put that down". Of course the whole store heard and when the customers looked up they could see who was "announcing", including my mother who was mortified at our childish behavior. Maybe that is why I shy away from microphones...
Post a Comment