Friday, September 12, 2008

I had a party....and what happened to DINNER!

I HAD A P.O.O.P.I.E. PARTY!

Through inspiration from The Nesting Place, I had a party and got rid of all my FAKE ivy plants.

I am happy to say that I did not have vines and fake flowers draped across the top of my kitchen cabinets like in the picture, however, I did have a few clusters of ivy hear and there that had seen their time. I am now enlightened to a new way of "greenery". No more fake looking ivy for me. I am now on the look-out for new and improved greenery.

LOOK HERE for the original post from the Nesting Place that inspired the P.O.O.P.I.E. parties. In case you are wondering what that stands for it is People Opposing Objectionable Pretend plants In the Environment.

Two garbage bags full of fake ivy. I was tired of dusting it anyway! It is already in the garbage can. I didn't even want to recycle it into anything else. It's gone...good riddance.

Evidence that I really did throw them out!


Now onto DINNER.

Doesn't this look yummy!

Well, it's a good thing you can't smell it. Hee Hee!

A nice pot of warm chili and homemade bread on a cool stormy evening. NOT! I burned the beans....and BAD. I've never done that before and we have chili a lot. I must have been distracted pulling all that ivy down! Or, maybe I had the fire turned up a bit too high which is most likely the case.

Notice the time on the range? 5:44 p.m. Dinner time. 9/11/08

A burned dinner and had a stinky, stinky house. (I have a candle burning now in hopes of dissipating the smell. - Gold Canyon "Scents of Christmas".)

Now what to do?

In the middle of all of this dinner mess, I had to run outside as our gazebo was wanting to blow over in the wind storm. Good thing Mark was almost home. He staked the thing down (took a storm to get him to do it :) Now, it shouldn't move. Thank goodness I had Little Mister to help me...he's so strong. He held part of the gazebo down the best he could while I got some heavy items to help hold it down until our rescuer came home from work.

Well, what did they have for dinner, you ask?

Cold Cereal and toast. Yummy and SO healthy. At least there was MILK in the kids cereal.

Tomorrow is another day! Maybe I'll make a new pot of chili.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yeah for throwing out the ivy! It was just something we use to decorate with, huh? I just had two silk plants left after the move, and as they sat in the box and I never seemed to take them out to put on top of a bookshelf, Brad said, do you just want to throw these away?" YES! And we did! So sorry about the chili. It looks delicious. I would love the recipe. My feet are freezing right now in my FLIP FLOPS! And I've had to wear a SWEATER the last two days...can you believe it? I'm a desert girl! Tonight we have a football game to go to and see Brady and Brinkley in the band. I know I have to dress warm, but everyone else here is use to it, so they'll be in their shorts I'm sure. So, I would like to make more soups, etc... for these upcoming winter months. I could use your chili recipe! Thanks!

SHERI said...

Hi Carla,
I am so excited you found my blog. I just cruised yours and I am going to love reading it! You have so many fun and cute ideas. Of course you can add my name to your blog links- I'll be putting yours on mine!

The Curtis Family said...

Hi Carla - I found your blog from Alli Elggren's and I just have to say that I'm so happy you fed your kids cereal tee hee! I've been known to ruin a dinner or two myself, and the kids secretly love it :).

Also, I have to tell you how cute your Will is. He is such a crack up in Primary.

Katie