is a “down” day. As in “let’s just stay home”.
We have been doing so many activities that required staying out very late that I decided we needed a day with nothing on our schedule. It’s so nice. Our bodies are still not acclimated to the daylight until after 9:00 p.m.
I was lucky enough to sleep in until 9 a.m. Doesn’t that sound nice? It was! I think I have a sinus infection and it makes my jaw ache terribly….so the sleep was needed.
Little Miss slept in until almost 11:00 a.m. She’s a night owl like her mama.
Little Mister is our early riser. Sometimes he will surprise us and sleep in until 8:00 a.m. but not very often. He woke up this morning at 7:00 a.m.
Big Mister woke up at his usual work day time and was out of the house early. Too bad he can’t have a “down” day, too. When he gets home we are all doing yard work. Yuck. I thought the weeds in AZ were bad, but they are way worse here. It’s hard to get a handle on them.
We are all still in our jammies and it’s 1:30 in the afternoon. But, the house is clean and the laundry is almost done. I guess we need to think about eating something.
Yesterday we had a fun day in Provo for the 4th of July. We visited our old neighbors from Gilbert (love you guys) and the kids had a terrific time playing with their friends that they miss so much. We watched the parade and ate at our favorite pizza/salad bar place.
Of all the activities we have gotten to do lately, Little Miss and Little Mister said their favorite things was seeing their friends from Gilbert. They love and miss them so much.
Big Mister spent a wad on fireworks this year. At least it was a wad to me! The kids (and Big Mister, too) had a terrific time setting off all kinds of different fireworks in the neighborhood. There were fireworks going off everywhere. In Utah, fireworks are legal from the end of June until the end of July. So, pretty much every night for an entire month you hear fireworks or poppers of some kind going off. Little Mister says the fireworks keep him awake until 1:00 in the morning. But, when we check him at 11:00 p.m. he is sound asleep. Ha.
Now I’m off to make some breakfast, lunch afternoon snack before dinner time.
That’s our update on this “down” day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment