Friday, January 22, 2010

I got to ride in a tow truck!

Not that I ever really wanted to.  But, a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do!

The call came late afternoon yesterday that our van was finally complete after 2 1/2 weeks in the repair shop.  

Unexpected delays! 

There was something wrong with the brackets on the first motor they purchased but did not realize it until right at the end when they were installing it.  So, we had to wait additional time for another motor to arrive. 

Fine.  Just getter done already!

So today I drove my mother’s car to the repair shop.  Worked out great because I was going to leave her car there for a tune up and oil change. 

I paid the chunk of change that I was planning on and off I went in our van.  Sounded good.  Runs great.  Radio worked.  Windshield wipers worked. Heater worked.   Good to go.

No further than 3/4 mile down the road the van completely quits.  I was stunned!  I just had to laugh at the situation I found myself in.   I could barely turn the wheel to get to the side of the road.   I thought for sure it would re-start.  Nope.  I tried and tried and it would not start.   I thought, “Oh great, hear I am alone, stuck in the rain and mud….now what”.   I calmed down a bit when I realized I wasn’t very far from the repair shop and I knew they had a tow truck because that’s how we got the van there in the first place. 

I called Big Mister.  Within about 15 minutes the rescue tow truck was there to save me.  That tow truck is so big you have to walk up three flights of stairs to get inside!  Ha.  

Back at the repair shop our friend, the mechanic, apologized.  He said he drove it 30 miles yesterday and it was just fine. 

Anyway.  All is well.  I took my mom’s car again and we are praying, yet again, for an easy fix.

Smile:)

No comments: