Aunt Jeanne (from Jeanne’s School of Dance)
Every New Year’s Day at NOON all cousins, Aunts, Uncle’s, etc. in the Lo Wright family have a “date” in Aunt Jeanne’s back yard. A barbecue kind of date. The tradition began when my great-grandfather, Lo Wright, was alive. He died in 1962 so the tradition has been going on for a long time. Before great-grandpa died he asked Aunt Jeanne and Uncle Jack (his son, now deceased) if they would continue the tradition. They promised him it would continue.
Through the years, the number attending has become really big with first cousins, second cousins, their wives, their kids. We all know we’re related, but have to wear name tags with our designated Wright affiliation written on them. We didn’t used to have to do that.
We eat burgers with all the fixin’s and then one representative from each family link updates everyone on what is going on in their family line. It’s fun to see cousins that we don’t get to see very often.
My mom with Aunt Jeanne. Mom used to babysit for her.
My cute niece in the green is married to her guy on the right. My other cute niece in the blue got engaged on Christmas Day to her guy on the left. They are sisters!
I took this picture of one of my cousins because I am coveting really loving this haircut. Love it! I have been growing my hair out for three years now and I’m not quite ready to go this short again. I did consider it, however. Maybe I’m still considering it??? Every time I see this picture I want my hair cut yesterday!
My mom’s brother and my “giddy-just-got-engaged” niece announcing her engagement to the world family.
My mom’s first cousin. Love her. I used to work with her at Wright’s Market grocery store when I was a teeny-bopper. (And where, by the way, I met Big Mister). Oh, what fun times we had.
This would be my mom’s first cousins daughter. What does that make me and her? First cousins once removed or second cousins? Whatever! Do you recognize her from anywhere? Leave a comment if you do and you just might win bragging rights. My kids think they are famous because they know her.
Little Mister on seconds. Of course, Doritos! Now, why didn’t he choose fruit salad?
Little Miss playing in the ivy in Aunt Jeanne’s front yard.
My mom and her siblings. They need to get together more often! That’s my Aunt Sharron who my baby sister, Sharron, was named after.
Every New Year’s Day is a walk down memory lane at Aunt Jeanne’s house.
Next Year. Same Time. Same Place
3 comments:
Could that be Jenny Wright Prince??
I think we we neighbors once upon a long time ago on Pepper Circle when she was first married. I think about that every time I see her on that commercial for flooring :0)
Good going Sheri!
"Express Flooring is the best call 800 express". Ya gotta sing it!
You are so fortunate to have such a lovely extended family and close enough to make these memories & traditions! Isn't she the gal on Express Flooring? Does she sing the jingle?
Post a Comment