Bacon is not something we cook often even though we find it mighty tasty. Especially with biscuits and gravy, eggs, waffles or pancakes. Little Miss especially loves bacon, Little Mister not so much. The kids have been on a biscuits and gravy kick lately. Monday morning before school I made them biscuits, gravy and bacon. They were thrilled. I made enough so that they could have it Tuesday morning, too. In fact, there is still bacon in the refrigerator. I told them to enjoy it because it does not make a regular appearance around here.
The thing I realized while cooking the bacon was that I did not once worry about the smell coming from our kitchen drifting to the downstairs basement dwellers.
It is SO SO nice being in our own home again. Ahhhhh!
In our time living with Charlie in the basement I always worried about the smells we were making in the kitchen. We could smell their bacon cooking and I knew they could smell ours.
It may seem like a little thing, but I loved cooking bacon without worrying about anyone smelling, or more importantly, knowing what we were doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment