Little Miss had fun in her "no glitz" pageant. She won Miss Photogenic, best hair on stage and took third place. She had fun setting up her display of trophies, tiara and ribbons in her room.
She had a great time at her first year of Girl's Camp and made some good friends. We are so glad she is getting to know some of the girls in the neighborhood.
I finally finished painting Big Mister's bookcases while Little Miss was at Girl's Camp. It took me two days, they were a lot of work. The hardest part was the 30 shelves! I don't want to do that again, but they look great. I'll eventually get around to taking pictures. Big Mister had fun organizing all his books that he is happy to have back after two years of storage.
Our A/C stopped working Friday evening and it has been really hot here in Utah, just like everywhere else. The unit was running but not cooling. It was about 85 degrees in the house while we slept, thank goodness for fans. It reminded us of when we were first married the motor went out on our A/C unit in Arizona. It was so hot and Big Mister wouldn't go sleep at my mom's house so we sweated it out in misery. With our recent home purchase we had the sellers pay for a home warranty so it didn't cost us too much and it was repaired by Saturday afternoon. The cool air felt so good.
So, I did something really stupid. I'm just going to blurt it out...I spilled a gallon of paint in the back of our van. I was in shock. I couldn't think. I didn't know what to do first. I had just pulled into our garage and was lifting out a gallon of paint that I had taken to have color matched (too old to use). The lid was not on tight enough and as I lifted it up the can hit the edge of the trunk and toppled over.
After the horror that I saw before me it took a few seconds with me just standing there staring for my brain to begin working again. I ran in the house to change my clothes, threw my shoes off and grabbed a bunch of towels, paper towels, cleaning wipes, spray cleaner and a stack of old newspapers out of the recycle bin. What I did first turned out not to be the right thing. I grabbed the hose to get the paint off the car. Well, you know how that went. Now runny, watery paint was spreading throughout the whole garage. Great! So I threw my bathroom towels down everywhere to stop the spread. Then I went to work on the van. I was slopping in paint, my feet looked like I put them down in the gallon. I quickly used paper towels and wipes to get most of the paint off. There was also paint on the carpeting inside the trunk so I worked and worked on that for a long time. I sprayed cleaner on it so it wouldn't soak in and sopped it up with paper towels and wipes. It took me a good two hours to get the paint off the car. Then I had to get myself cleaned up enough to back the van out of the garage so I could clean the garage floor up. Of course, as I back the van up, tire paint marks get on the driveway.
I did have my brain working well enough to grab some cardboard boxes and I laid them down under the van. Paint was still dripping from underneath places that I couldn't even get to.
After I was done and several hours had passed, we had a cleaner garage and can barely tell that a gallon of paint spilled in our van. I used two rolls of paper towels, four bath towels that I threw away, a whole container of wipes and a ton of newspapers for the clean up. We have a few tire paint marks on our driveway and some residue in the garage but that will fade with time. What an ordeal.
I still can't believe I did that.
We are looking forward to the holiday this week. We have lots of things to do and fun people to see!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment