Monday, June 27, 2011

Today is…

Mark & Carla McCain 08 101

 this girl’s birthday!

I hate posting pictures of myself.

I prefer to be behind the camera.

Because it’s the 27th, I’ll post 27 random things about me.

1.  I was born on the Anniversary of Joseph Smith’s death.

2.  I love blueberries and beets (but not together!)

3.  I am going to start taking Vitamin B3 because I read that it helps prevent memory loss.   My mom has early stages of Alzheimer’s and I don’t want it!

4.  I love the “Legally Blonde” movies.

5.  I love to drive.  Good thing Big Mister doesn’t mind.

6.  I was engaged two times before finally marrying my favorite Big Mister.

7.  I had three miscarriages :(

8.  I knew Big Mister for 16 years before we got married.

9.  I once had a speeding ticket in five different states (AZ, CA, NV, UT, MD…I used to travel for work!)

10.  I was the staff camp cook at girls camp for two years.  Hard work but so fun.

11.  I come from a yours-mine-and ours family.  My mom had 4 kids and my dad had 2 kids when they got married.  Then they had me and three more.  I guess I’m the oldest of “ours”.

12.  My grandfather was the President of the Mesa Arizona Temple when I was a teenager and I got to live with him in the Temple President’s home for several months after my grandmother passed away.  It was way cool.  He used to kick my boyfriend out at 10:00 pm because he couldn’t sleep knowing I had a boy over! 

13.  Boyd K. Packer spoke at my grandmother’s funeral.  They are cousins.  She died of heart failure when she was serving as Temple Matron.

14.  I began working in my grandfather’s grocery store at age 13.  I worked in the bakery and enjoyed serving donuts to all the cute “pack outs” as we called them.  The guys that bagged the groceries.

15.  I was named after the nurse who tended to my mother when she delivered me.

16.  I was on my high school forensic team (debate club) and went to competitions throughout Arizona. 

17.  I hate that I am getting wrinkles on my face.  Hate. Hate. Hate.

18.  I don’t mind moving.  Big Mister calls me a gypsy.  We have lived in 5 different homes in our 15 year marriage.

19.  I feel like it’s time to “lay down some roots”.   Maybe we won’t be moving so much in the rest of our marriage!

20.  I love to take baths and do so often.  My current house has a jetted tub which I love.

21.  I was lucky to have the same two best friends all the way from 1st Grade to my senior year in high school.  We live in three different states now and have always stayed in touch.

22.  Cleaning and organizing are like therapy for me. 

23.  I love coconut flavored anything. 

24.  I love having time to myself.  I need it, actually.

25.  I want to be a better bargain shopper.

26.  I used to decorate my kitchen in an apple theme.  I had apples everywhere and every gift I was given was apple decor.  All items have long since been put to rest. 

27.  My first apartment when attending BYU was in a basement.   When I saw the bathroom for the first time, there was an old, ugly green toilet with a big piece of masking tape on it that said, “CONTAMINATED”.  

4 comments:

Spencer and Jessica Drew said...

Happy birthday, aunt Carla!!! I love you! I hope you have a great day! be glad you aren't in 110 degree weather!! haha

Susan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are such a darling person.

Jennifer Salmon said...

I loved reading about you! Happy Birthday! And you will always be beautiful, wrinkles and all!

Brianna Yardley said...

Happy Birthday Carla! :) i loved reading this post!