Thursday, May 5, 2011

What's going on

I have a whole bunch to blog about, but not much time. I'll get to it all eventually.

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Tonight we had enchiladas for dinner. The kids and I also took time to make salsa, fresh from our garden veggies. Oh, and we also had rice per Little Misses request. She could eat rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This morning the kids picked about 15 tomatoes, our first for the season, several jalapeno peppers and some cilantro. Lucky new homeowners will get a fun treat of a garden for the rest of the summer! Now I have to re-learn how to garden as Utah has only one gardening season while here we have two.

Lately, my "to do" lists are extra long and seem to be never ending during this life changing time. I have been very stressed and have had a headache for a week. Ugh! I don't typically get this way but....well....that just how it is right now. There is a light at the end of all this, I know it!

Despite life's current twists and turns, we are doing really well. Big Mister is doing well, too. We talk every day, of course. Each night we call him and the kids get to hear him sing their choice of a bedtime song. They really look forward to this and it helps them got through this time without him. Everything is working out and we are very excited to reunite our family and move forward.

On another note, my niece just got engaged and is getting married in July. Guess where? Salt Lake City. Woo Hoo! We'll be right there and can host family members who may come for the event. She and her new husband will be living in Salt Lake also.

What I'm thinking right now....

Did you know that wonderful things can happen to you at any time in any place? They really can.

I need to remember that thought.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

This is a good growing experience for the kids. Makes them stronger and bond as a family even more. :)

Wonderful quote.