Saturday, May 14, 2011

Today’s harvest

IMG_2222

IMG_2223

I will need to share these yummy vegetables because we cannot possibly eat all this, especially because there is this much about every other day!  I don’t have time to bottle tomatoes this year.  I don’t want to move them, either.  In the past I have thrown the zucchini in the food processor and then I freeze it.  It works great for “hidden vegetables” in sauces, etc.

I have squash bugs again.  I just can’t keep them away.  They are the worst little pests and eat (suck) the squash plant leaves until they kill the plant.  Last year I was able to control them, but this year I just don’t have the time.  At least we are getting some zucchini before the plants are lost. 

I can’t wait until I get to begin a new garden, but for now I think I will enjoy a little break.  I do have more pressing things to do anyway!  Ha.

No comments: