PETSMART! after school on a half day.
What kind of fish do we want to buy?
Kids: All of them, especially the little tiny ones that are “only 13 cents!”
Mom: NONE, but they are sure fun to look at.
About four years ago I bit the bullet and purchased a beta fish because beta fish don’t require a tank and all that extra stuff that I don’t want to pay for. The kids named the fish Bluebell because, well, the fish was blue. We purchased a fish bowl and a few rocks. That’s it. Water in. Fish in. A little daily food and clean the bowl every once in a while. Not too much bother. The kids loved Bluebell. They promised they would feed the fish. Mom actually fed the fish.
One afternoon the kids and I came home and I glanced down and saw something on the kitchen floor. “What is that"?”, I asked the kids. We gingerly walked closer only to find Bluebell dead on the floor. She had jumped out of her fish bowl and the rest is history. We had to flush her down the toily.
Shhhh! I was secretly ecstatic. No more fish bowl on the counter.
Birds anyone?
How about a gerbil? They are only cute to look at in the pet store. IMHO!
Cats. Well, I wrote about how I feel about cats a couple of days ago!
Actually, I grew up with cats, dogs, horses, etc. However, that’s when there was land to graze and the animals could roam outside running and playing and our neighbors were a field away on both sides. They didn’t have to be inside the house cats. Not to offend anyone with cats. We all have our druthers!
1 comment:
ha ha I've been to PM twice this week to buy crickets for the lizard we caught inside our house last week (it crawled on my arm as I was lying on the couch reading. yikes!!). We put it in a little box outside and the kids named it. I suppose we now have a pet. And I'm totally with you on each of your reasons to not have a pet. I kind of got trapped into this one.
Post a Comment