The only problem is that he didn't teach his kids. I'm not sure why? He taught us well in the kitchen, but not out in the dirt!
I have a wonderful brother-in-law who is a great gardener. He knows so much and has learned well from his parents. I am so glad that he is helping us to have a successful garden. I have so much to learn.
A couple of weeks ago we built our garden and put in a bunch of really good soil with some additional good stuff like Vermiculite. Vermiculite promotes faster root growth and it retains moisture, releasing it when needed by the plant.
Here's what our garden looks like. The trees in the picture are lemon, orange and grapefruit. We got a total of ONE lemon this year.
For now, the kids are enjoying watching the onions grow (and so am I).
No comments:
Post a Comment