Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Backyard guests

After three weeks off, the kids are back in school until the end of June.

I got to see one of my sisters yesterday.  She moved to St. George and she and her new husband were up in SLC for some work meetings.  We talked and talked and mixed in a bit of shopping.  So nice to see some family.

I have lots that I want to blog about and will eventually get to it all.  I have just been so crazy busy.  Work has increased which ties up much of my time with little time for anything else.  But, it’s all good.

Look what we have nesting in our backyard.

IMG_4285

The most beautiful blue eggs we’ve ever seen.  We are all obsessed with our backyard visitors and their ‘soon to be’ babies.

It’s definitely springtime here!

And here’s the momma bird watching carefully as I snap some pictures.  She chirps and chirps and chirps, like a warning, “don’t you dare harm my babies”.

IMG_4286

We’ve got a momma duck, too! 

IMG_4279It was tricky to get a picture of her eggs because she rarely leaves.  Early one morning Little Mister checked and she was gone so he ran in an got the camera and took a picture of her eggs.   There are nine eggs.  Oh, we can’t wait to see what happens.

IMG_4376

She covers them all up pretty good and we don’t want to disturb them.  The kids are doing pretty well at leaving her alone because the neighbors tell them if they hover around she will just abandon her eggs.  We don’t want that to happen.  Can’t wait for little baby duckies to come wondering out!  They will most likely make their way to the river behind our house within a week or so after they hatch.

IMG_4288Just had to throw in a picture of the beautiful springtime blossoms on our tree.

Love Spring.

Love baby animals.  Love baby birds.  Love babies!

No comments: