Sunday, August 14, 2011

A little celebration

IMG_3014Little Miss and I got a little tiny bit creative and made us a “BACK TO SCHOOL” banner.   We had a fun Sunday dinner with some of the kids favorite foods:

Sloppy Joes on homemade rolls (I had to make rolls for a Relief Society dinner and had leftovers!)  

Baked Beans (using this recipe minus the bacon.  We’ve made them with the bacon before, but didn’t use it this time.) 

Corn on the cob purchased from the local farmers market. 

Watermelon and cantaloupe were cut up and ready to serve, but we forgot it.  Guess will be having it for snack!IMG_3009

And one of their favorite desserts that I haven’t made in forever…

IMG_3017

Cream Mint Brownies

We ended our “Back to School” dinner with dad giving both kids a Father’s Blessing to begin the new school year. 

It was so nice.

We can’t wait until tomorrow.  We are all very anxious!

1 comment:

zollybunch said...

Very cute Carla! The brownies look DELICIOUS too! You are the best cook!!!