Mom and Dad. Easter Sunday 1987
Dad always wore boots and a western suit.
Mom’s a beauty. Still is.
Corsages were more popular back then.
Mom always had a corsage on Easter and Mother’s day.
Always.
Mom loved her flowers and plants. One time she planted mint in the planter behind her. The mint took over. It made her mad but it smelled real good.
See the blue house in the background?
It used to be pink as in the next picture.
Mom and dad did not normally dress in overalls.
Well, after this occasion Dad discovered he really liked
them and wore them more often.
I think this is the one and only day I ever saw mom in overalls.
She’d just die if she saw this picture. Ha.
This was their 25th Wedding Anniversary and we had fun with the “farmer joe” theme.
Love the Wheel barrow in the background and the porch my mom painted red.
When the paint begin to peel off she realized she didn’t like her red porch so much.
Dad was always puttering around the yard planting vegetables or fruit trees or tending to the crops in the fields. He was a farmer in his early days.
Our house was surrounded by fields. We loved to play in them. One time I sprained my tail bone jumping off the overturned horse trough…it was a dewy morning and the trough was slippery. Ouch.
I couldn’t climb into the top bunk to sleep for several days.
But, back to the house color. Mom hated the blue. She thought it was too dark so she had it re-painted back to her beloved pink!
My dad built the building behind him. He loved his four car garage that was really a deep four car carport. Behind that was his shop. He was so proud of his shop.
OK. I’ll stop reminiscing now.
That’s what happens when you go through old photo albums.
No comments:
Post a Comment