Friday, March 25, 2011

The old stomping grounds

Ahhh Provo!

How I love thee!

I have years of wonderful memories in your city. 

Friday was spent in Utah Valley.  Our first stop, as always, was BYU.  I used to attend Sacrament Meeting in the Wilkinson Center movie theatre.  So fun!  I just love being on campus and have such fun memories of walking the campus from class to class. 

I drove the family past all of the places where I used to live.   It is so different, yet so familiar.

We drove past the Provo Tabernacle which was recently damaged by fire.  I went to that building many times for conferences, performances and graduations.  It’s so beautiful.  The outside does not look as damaged except for the scaffolding surrounding the building.  But the green lawn next to the building is covered with piles of burnt wood.  I read that the church has not yet announced if they would rebuild.  I hope they do.

We went to the BYU bookstore which is always a treat.  The only bad thing about BYU is the visitor parking.  It stinks! 

After visiting BYU we ate lunch at Brick Oven which is a pizza, salad, pasta bar type place.  We went there on our last visit to Utah and Little Miss remembered it.  We went per her request. 

We also drove up Provo Canyon and found a frozen Bridal Veil Falls and the frozen Deer Creek Reservoir.  IMG_2087

Big Mister never even put on a jacket the whole week!  He’s tough alright, but it was pretty cold and windy up Provo Canyon.  I just don’t get it.

IMG_2091

IMG_2092

Big Mister said, “watch me skip a rock” and picked up a huge rock to throw.  Sure enough, it bounced several times before settling but could not sink through the ice. 

IMG_2104

This picture is taken at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi.  You can read more about Thanksgiving Point here.  Such a fun place to visit and they have lots of great events throughout the year.

IMG_2105

We had fun shopping and walking around the beautiful grounds in the cool weather.

Goodbye for now, Provo.  We’ll be back to visit again soon.

No comments: