Saturday, November 13, 2010

Before and After

IMG_1637AFTER

My bad. I didn’t take a before picture of this lamp. It belongs to Little Miss and she uses it every night for bedtime reading. The lamp used to have a purple base. Since we have redone her room the purple needed to go. The shade was also plain white with a small white lace flower ribbon hot glued onto where the black beaded ribbon is now. That is why the black beaded ribbon is there, I could not get the dried hot glue off after removing the white ribbon so I had to put something there. I was definitely going for the feathery look overall.

IMG_1576

BEFORE

I did find this picture of Little Misses newly painted desk. You can see the purple base of the lamp there. You’ll have to just imagine the plain white shade!

IMG_1634

Another AFTER all lit up.

To paint the base I used a product called Sophisticated Finishes that is great on metal. I talk about it here. I spent $3.00 on both types of ribbon at Hobby Lobby, using my 40% coupon, of course! Some paint, ribbon, a little hot glue and about 30 minutes and we have a new lamp.

Little Miss was surprised when she walked in from school and saw it on the kitchen counter. She knew exactly what I had done. Little Mister on the other had was sure I had purchased a new lamp. Ha.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Looks awesome Carla, you've got some serious skills sister! ;)