Friday, July 2, 2010

TODAY

Today we entered unchartered territory.

Introducing…kids online shopping! 

Today we completed our school clothes shopping.  Hooray!

Today the kids were occupied in front of the computer for two hours.  Were they playing games?  NO.  Were they searching for the worlds biggest shark?  NO.   Were they looking at monster trucks and Hannah Montana?  NO.  They were shopping!

Today, for the first time, I let them do it.  They were having the best time. No fighting.  No teasing.  No arguing.  Just peace.   Shopping peacefully in the luxury of our home. 

Today I did not have to spend two hours shopping with these two kiddos who cannot make a decision in a large clothing store.

Today I did not have to spend two hours in the dressing room trying on every outfit in the mall!  (Some people may enjoy this.  I don’t.)

Today I got a bunch of stuff done around the house while the kids were shopping. 

Today I let Little Miss and Little Mister go to one online children’s clothing store and shop.  I guess they’ve watched me do it enough so they knew exactly what to do.  They filled the shopping cart with all kinds of things.  Way too many items, but I knew it and that was ok.

Today it was fun peeking in on them, watching them navigate through the site.  I, of course, wanted them to pick only from the Monster Sale items which they mostly stuck to. 

Today it was fun to be in the kitchen listening to the kids say things like, “hey, we could match on the first day of school”, or “yes, put that in the cart, it’s so cool”, or “which do you like better the blue or the green?”.  Little Miss filled her cart first then Little Mister went for it.  

Today we had to whittle down the shopping cart a little bit but settled on some great items at fantastic prices.

Today Little Miss and Little Mister were in their glory. 

Today they were told I would not buy them another item of clothing until Christmas. 

Today, they shopped in a manner that I would never have imagined at their age.

Today they felt independent.

Today they got some things they needed for the new school year and a few things they wanted for the first day of school.

Today we did purchase matching shirts for them only because they have a girl version and a boy version.   Can’t wait to take pictures!

Today I can’t believe that these two want to wear matching shirts in public.

Today I was asked when the UPS man will deliver their clothes. 

Today I am sure I will be asked every day until arrival when the UPS man will deliver their clothes.  Please hurry.

***********

Today I went to HONEYVILLE FARMS and purchased flour, spelt and steel cut oats. 

Today I purchased powdered eggs for the very first time.  I’m going to try them when baking and making pancakes to see how they work.  I figured these would be a great food storage item.

**********

Today I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookie dough and did not have a taste.  The dough is chillin’ in the refrigerator in the garage so I can’t see it.  Out of sight, out of mind.  They will be for a family party on Saturday.

**********

Since it is now 12:21 am it is not TODAY anymore and I am off to dreamland.  Hoping that this day will be just as great as

TODAY!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

What on-line store did you use?

Everyday Moments said...

The Childrens Place is where we do most of our online shopping for the kids.

Ali said...

So AWESOME, what a brilliant idea! Carla, you are a genius! I have a new found respect for you - not about shopping, but about being able to make cookie dough w/out sneaking a taste!