It was a tense couple of weeks around here. Little Mister was just “not right” but we didn’t have an answer for it. He was sleepy, cranky, not hungry and had no energy.
Last Thursday more blood work was completed. That evening at 10:00 pm., six hours after the blood draw, the doctor called. It’s a little unnerving when the doctors name appears on the caller ID that late at night.
I hoped it wasn’t Leukemia. Really. Big Mister and I had discussed the possibility of something bad.
It wasn’t bad. Everything is ok.
The CRP number was back down to almost normal. Good! Along with other tests, the doctor did a blood test for strep…she said she just had a hunch. None of the obvious signs for strep were present, even on our two visits to the doctors office the tests were negative.
A normal blood test number for strep is <100. Little Misters number was 1500. The doctor said that was a very “impressive” number. She’d never seen one that high. So, strep it is and not in the throat but somewhere in his body. She said if not treated this could turn in to Rheumatic Fever or worse. Needless to say, he was put on a very strong dose of antibiotics and is now doing much better.
We have our boy back.
Thanks to everyone for your concern and well wishes.
4 comments:
Glad to hear all is well. Thanks for the update. It sounds like you guys have a great doctor.
I am so glad you posted this. I was just looking up your number. I have checked several times a day...waiting. Thank heavens it was what it was at that you have a doctor that has and follows "hunches".
How scary! I'm glad he's in good hands and I hope he's feeling like himself again very soon. It's never fun to "impress" the doctors...Boring and normal please, right? Love to you all!
I'm so glad it was something so NORMAL! Yay to have Will back to his old self :).
Post a Comment