In our neck of the woods!
Big Mister has not had sugar since February 23rd. He’s doing so good! I have not had sugar since March 1st. It is not easy, but we are going with “one day at a time”.
It’s interesting how once you make up your mind to do something, you become more empowered and determined. In this sense, each new day is a little bit easier.
Now. Drum roll please. Following is a huge, huge announcement.
Besides no sugar, Big Mister has not had a soda since February 23rd!
I know, I know, it’s hard to believe. I am not a soda drinker. Went off it one day years and years ago. Had a headache for three days. Never want to go back. Luckily, Big Mister did not suffer any headaches. Anyway, we are very proud of him. Maybe in the future he can be an occasional soda drinker. But never the everyday kind again if I have my way, that is! Ha.
Last weekend we made it through two family get-togethers. What food did we give up? Lasagna, homemade bread (that I was assigned to make…ugh! I just wanted to slather butter all over a piece of that homemade goodness and take a bite. But I abstained.), brownies (two times), ice cream (two times), potato salad, chips and dip, cheese and crackers. Oh. I need to stop! I don’t want to get hungry.
On another note. It’s summer garden time. I love the summer garden. We planted a lot of tomatoes (my favorite), peas, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, cucumbers and zucchini (second favorite). We may still plant some other types of squash, but I just really love how well zucchini does and the versatility of it. Last year I pureed the extra zucchini and froze it. All winter long I have added it to soups and sauces for hidden vegetables. Works like a charm. Not a kid or a husband knows it there. They like zucchini anyway, but it’s still fun to play the hiding game!
OK. Shall I ramble some more?
I got several inches cut off my hair. I miss it but like it shorter with a bit more bounce.
Does laundry every end? Ok, that’s really rambling.
So why the pizza picture? The kids made their own mini pizzas for dinner tonight. The mini pepperoni’s are way too cute and so much easier on mini pizzas! I have been trying to find simple things that the kids can help with and that are easy for me to prepare while Big Mister and I are avoiding lots of foods right now. Pizza and some of mom and dad’s salad and veggies and they were good and I was happy:)
Good night for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment