Monday, October 12, 2009

Turkey is my favorite kind of chicken!















Saturday morning
Little Mister and I were lounging in my bed waiting for the rest of the household to wake. It was nice. He loves to play Monster, Who Am I, and Eye Spy.

We got talking about the Fall Break activities we may want to do. I told him once Fall Break was over, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas come really fast.

He said, "Thanksgiving is kind of boring".

I said, "No it's not. We see all our cousins and play hard and eat lots of yummy food. "

Thinking about the yummy food and without skipping a beat, he said,

"Oh yeah, turkey is my favorite kind of chicken!"

I chuckled...a lot.

Last Friday I marinated and grilled pork chops. Saturday afternoon Big Mister got out some leftovers and Little Mister ran into the kitchen and said, "I want some of that yummy chicken...with BBQ sauce, too.

I chuckled...a lot.

On Sunday I made stew meat with a sauce over brown rice. Little Mister said, "this is good chicken, mom.

I chuckled...a lot.

I guess we get it. He thinks all meat is chicken. We have explained the differences in the past, but I don't want to explain any more because I love it when he says things like...

"turkey is my favorite kind of chicken!"

No comments: