Time Out For Women was great. I plan on attending next year on Oct. 9 - 10. It was nice to get away on a Saturday and soak up some GOOD stuff.
We heard great talks, great songs and great voices. There was a very sweet and strong spirit at the event. I loved it.
I came away with three pages of notes. One thing that stands out to me is something that Hilary Weeks talked about. She was referring to the current state of things in the world and reminded us the following,
I believe in Christ;
so come what may.
(and love it).
This is from Hymn 134, I Believe in Christ, 4th verse.
In other words, whatever comes if we believe in Christ then all is fine because we know that HE and our Father in Heaven KNOW us and know our thoughts and needs. Also, learn to love and find joy in your current circumstances.
I believe in Christ;
so come what may,
(and love it).
8 years ago
2 comments:
Isn't Hilary great? Did you know I grew up with her? You can imagine how fun girls camp is with someone as talented as her (and her little sister, who is my age and I was better friends with).
Have you read her book? She's just a great person. Anyway, thanks for sharing a bit of her message. I've always wanted to go to a Time Out, and just never seem to get it together.
Katie,
I thought about you when she said she was raised in Alaska. I'm glad you confirmed it. She is great and you really will have to go to the next event!
Carla
Post a Comment