Saturday, June 21, 2008

Carla the Birthday Girl!

Today was my birthday luncheon with my mom and sisters. I chose to eat at Kona Grill at the San Tan Village Mall. Kona Grill opened there just two days ago. It was yummy! I would definitely eat there again.

Mom, Terri, Carla Chrissy, Sharron

Joined by my niece Alyssa

Our traditional birthday luncheons are so fun. Something new that we are doing this year is our fun gift exchange. (See my new necklace...well, it's kind of hard to see). When it is your birthday you get lunch and a surprise gift. The gift is purchased by the person who's birthday we last celebrated. So, each person is in charge of one birthday per year including setting up the lunch date, calling everyone, purchasing the gift and card, etc. My mom's birthday is next so I'll be in charge of her lunch and gift. We always have so much fun together. Cindy was missing in action today.

While I was at lunch Mark had his own ideas for lunch. He took Gracie and Will on a picnic at the pool. They ate and swam for a good long time. They love it when Dad takes them swimming, mainly because it is someone different than mom.

No comments: