Friday, October 11, 2013

I used to live here.

IMG_0342

When I was attending BYU, this was one of the homes I lived in.  I shared a bedroom in the back part of the house with another girl who is now my good friend.  There were six girls living here.  Rhonda was from Canada, Ximena from Chile, Jamie from Texas, Pam from Idaho, and Remy was from somewhere in Mexico.  Remy had a boyfriend that was always there.  They god married quick and she was out of there. 

The basement was scary and housed the coin operated washer and dryer.   Mr. Robinson, the owner, decided one day that he was going to make one more bedroom in the basement (but no bathroom).  It would be big enough for just one girl.  We all thought he was crazy because it was musty and dusty and unfinished except for one little section that he made into that bedroom.  I don’t know how he go away with it, but he rented it to Pam and we were happy to have some life down there. 

We had a large, square kitchen and two large bathrooms upstairs.

I remember sewing the first outfit I ever made in this house.  I had set up my sewing machine in the Dining Room.   I was so proud of that outfit, but I never wore it and never sewed another stich of clothing for myself.  It just didn’t work for me.  I can sew little things like Christmas Stockings, but not clothes.  Ha!

I have lots of memories in this place and every once in a while, when I am down in Provo, I will drive by it . . . just because.

No comments: