At the end of February the kids and I went on a new adventure.
We went tubing down the side of a mountain at Soldier Hollow. Soldier Hollow is near Midway, UT. This venue is where the cross country skiing events were held during the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympics. It has the longest tubing lanes in Utah, 1200 feet down.
We went during the week when the kids were out of school. Perfect timing because we basically had the whole mountain to ourselves! There were only about 8 tubers in total.
After choosing our tubes we walked to the lift that towed us up the hill on our tube. The few minutes it takes to get to the top are so relaxing. Lay back, enjoy the view and wait to reach the top.
Having fun!
Yes I went down too! Don’t laugh at my hat. It was cold. I don’t go out like this in public very often!!!
Going down is much faster than I though it would be. My favorite was going down by myself, tummy down. Wow! Most of the time I went down with Little Miss…she liked going down two at a time. I went with Little Mister one time…he liked just being all on his own but did go down with Little Miss a couple of times.
Little Miss coming down on her belly. It’s a little more scary going down on your belly. I felt I had a little less control. Ha. What control? Really, you come down so fast there really is nothing you can do until you reach the bottom.
Just take it as it comes and enjoy the ride!!
The kids coming down together.
Little Mister coming down on his knees!
Little Miss resting…but not for long.
Because they were not crowded at all, the kids went down at least 15 times in our two hour time slot.
By the time we left we were so hungry. We really worked up an appetite! We drove to Provo and had a fun lunch.
Such a fun day.
You gotta do this!
No comments:
Post a Comment