Saturday, January 15, 2011

A mess worth making


How do those creative juices begin inside our brains??

I'd like to tap into more creativity. I need it. I want it.

Maybe I need to become a child again?

Little Miss likes to walk around the kitchen and look in the drawers, cupboards, pantry and refrigerator for something, anything she can make. She calls everything she makes "a creation". We call the things she creates, "concoctions" which warns the intended taster that you'd better watch out because all kinds of ingredients go into her concoctions! You never know what it's going to taste like.

I try not to stomp on that creativity! But it's really hard sometimes.

I've witnessed my share of concoction messes. That's for certain.

As much as I hate the mess, especially sticky messes, I let her make her creations most of the time. She's learning that mom will say yes a lot more often if she cleans most of the mess herself.

This particular day her creation was a simpler concoction and actually edible! A fruit kabob including, apples, bananas, pineapple and oranges. It was yummy. Normally her creations have a flour base with all kinds of spices (namely lots of cinnamon), grains, sweetener, food coloring and maybe even a few sprinkles. A surprise for sure.

She like to bake everything she makes in a mini muffin tin.

As much as little Miss likes cinnamon, I was surprised that she didn't roll her kabobs in cinnamon!

On a side note, my kids love cinnamon so much, they each received a container of cinnamon/sugar in their Christmas Stocking. (purchased at the Dollar Store)

Little Mister even ate a fruit kabob and he NEVER eats any of Little Misses concoctions. He runs as far away from them as possible.

Little Misses favorite thing to do is save her concoction for daddy to taste test when he gets home from work. He always says it's the best thing he's ever tasted!

What a good daddy.

Little Miss never complains when her concoctions disappear overnight.

Hmmm. I wonder what happens to them?

Her joy is in the creating. My joy is watching.

No comments: