Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Christmas Story


The 3rd Grade classes have a "Milk and Cookies" party just before Christmas Break. The students get to read stories they have written as the students and parents listen. Little Mister read his story alone as his writing partner was absent.

It's interesting that last year Little Misses writing partner was also absent so she read her story alone as well.

The students and visitors enjoy milk and cookies while they listen. It's always fun to be in the classroom with the kids. They love it when mom and dad visit their class.

I need to remember how much they love having mom and/or dad in the classroom. About a week before the party the teacher sent home a note asking for donations of cookies and then we were to check the appropriate box telling the teacher if we would be coming to the party or not.

I checked "or not". I just didn't think I could fit it in my schedule.

I learned my lesson real fast.

Little Mister came home from school and was really sad that particular day. He told me how he got tears in his eyes when he turned in the paper and saw that I had checked the box "not attending". I felt awful. How could I not take the time to be in attendance for his special story reading? Actually, I hadn't remembered that the students read the stories they have written. I quickly changed my tune and Big Mister and I were both able to attend the class party and story reading. Little Mister was delighted when we walked in.

Priceless.

"The Dog Who Saved Christmas"
by Little Mister and his classmate.

Santa said, "who who who is that? The dog said, "it's me Ruff Ruff."
Santa said, "speak doggy". "Bark, Bark roll over". The dog just kept on barking. "Stop! Stop! IT'S ANNOYING. Stop!"
"Ruff Yes ruff!"
But the dog thought Santa said louder and the dog did and the dog barked louder. Santa got really mad and put a spell on the puppy.
Boosh! Boosh! went the magic. The dog thought that meant bark really loud! Then Santa put the wrong spell on the dog and he started barking nonstop that everybody heard it. The owners woke up and Santa poofed and went away. The owners said, 'what happened?" "Bark, Bark!" said Rudolph. The owners said, "bad dog" and put Rudolph in the back yard. Rudolph saw Santa leave.
Then the next year they saw Santa and he was silent. So silent not a mouse could hear. He crept down the chimney and stuck the presents under the tree. There was even a big bone under the tree for Rudolph the barking dog.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

And a child shall teach them...
Thanks Will for teaching me too!