Thursday, December 2, 2010

24 Days of Christmas Stories

Christmas is here!  Christmas is here!

We began our 24 Days of Christmas stories last night.

Our first story was, “The Gift of the Magi”.  My kids came bringing me the book and reminded me it was December 1st, thus, time for our first story.  They love this tradition and the stories never get old.  No matter how late it is in the evening and even sometimes at the dinner table we read our story for the day.

Last year I added all of the stories that we read to our blog.  If you want some stories to read with your family you can click on “24 Days of Christmas Stories” under Labels on my sidebar. 

We also have a few books we read each Christmas on top of the 24 Days of Christmas Stories.  I will read some of these to the kids, but mainly they read these during reading time (bedtime) or leisure time.  I love seeing them read!

Santa Claus by Green, Lucas and Wright (a favorite that I posted about here).

Santa’s Reindeer by Green, Lucas and Wright (a new favorite).

The Tale of Three Trees

Polar Express

A Christmas Dress for Ellen

Penny’s Christmas Jar Miracle

‘Twas the Night Before Christmas

Christmas Jars

This is just a few, but there are many that we love.

Merry Christmas! 

No comments: