This time it is Little Mister’s turn.
A few weeks ago I posted his dresser that we painted from raw wood to navy blue. This is the color he has chosen for his furniture. Actually, he wanted his dresser blue, his bed red and his night stand white. A patriotic theme! He got all blue.
DRESSER POST HERE.
I have been wanting to get a Captain’s Bed and night stand for Little Mister. So, I went on Craigslist on a Monday morning a few weeks ago and by Monday evening we had purchased something that would work. Now it needed to be painted.
This job took two coats of primer (I should have had it tinted darker, but I wanted to use what I already had), three coats of paint and one coat of polyurethane. I may add another coat of polyurethane to the high traffic areas.
NIGHTSTAND
It’s all primed. I like it this color...but it's for an eight year old boy's room.
AFTER
We didn’t paint his room. This is the color I have in the whole house. He’d like a new color, but I love how this looks. Can you guess what color he wants his walls? Navy blue! Actually he goes through phases where he wants one wall red, one wall white and two walls blue. Maybe I should just hang flags all over.
And more pictures of the after:
Little Mister is in love with that yellow street sign thing that he found on the road. He’s proud of his treasure and has to have it in his room.
This little guy is a gift from grandma.
I still have several projects….don’t we all. But I am done painting large furniture for a while.
1 comment:
Looks great! I'm glad you got around to posting some pics of your projects!
Post a Comment