Monday, October 25, 2010

Before and After

I am finally done with some big projects I have been working on. No more big projects until after Christmas (I think)!

IMG_1431Little Miss got a room makeover. The lavender walls were just not the right color anymore. Especially after she “grew up” from the cute Pottery Barn pastel bedding to the more tween feeling hot pink and black zebra print. (Oh, how I remember my own room growing up....unicorns everywhere, pink and blue.....just what I wanted!) The paint color looked better when we got it all done. I painted over the lavender with a pretty neutral gray. I wasn’t sure about the color at first but I love it now. I had never painted anything gray before.

I also painted her dresser, mirror, desk, headboard and footboard. It was lots of work but worth it! I put two coats of primer, two coats of paint and two coats of polyurethane on each piece. Whew! I also added the decorative scroll thingy to the headboard.

IMG_1436 HEADBOARD BEFORE

IMG_1578HEADBOARD AFTER and the pretty blue/gray walls!

Little Miss is hiding under the blanket. She didn’t want to make the bed because we wouldn’t be able to see the headboard very well. It was 7am, time to get up anyway!

IMG_1579 FOOTBOARD AFTER (I don’t have a before of the footboard…oops!)

IMG_1586

I had totally different bedding in mind…something really fluffy and pretty! But this is what Little Miss wants for now. I have to remember she needs to be able to make some decisions, right?

IMG_1438DESK BEFORE

Oh, by the way. This was my furniture when I was a teen! It’s been very well used as you can see.

IMG_1576 DESK AFTER

I got the new knobs at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. Her furniture was without knobs for a few days as I was waiting for their knobs to go on sale. I love how the crystal knobs look.

DSC04225 DRESSER BEFORE (bad picture, I know)

A few of the handles had broken off so I just threaded ribbon through for make-shift pulls. I tried to get new handles but the width of the nail holes are not standard any longer. So, I puttied up the holes and drilled new holes for the crystal knobs.

IMG_1575 DRESSER AFTER

IMG_1573 (We have misplaced one letter in her name….hoping it turns up)

IMG_1584

Little Miss with that just woken up face!

IMG_1583

We also switched out the Pottery Barn green and white gingham curtains for basic IKEA whites. They really lighten the room. The walls look really gray in this picture but the pictures above are more true to life…blue/gray.

On a side note, I made use of Craigslist and sold all Little Misses Pottery Barn bedding and curtains. Craigslist is my friend.

2 comments:

zollybunch said...

Looks awesome Carla! You're going to need to come do my room now!! :o)

Spencer and Jessica Drew said...

Carla! That looks great! I bet she just loves it!