Friday, August 15, 2008

5 a.m. wake up call

At just before 5 a.m. this morning Little Mister called "Dad". (We wait...maybe he won't call again and we won't have to get up). And then again, "Dad". Big Mister usually gets up with the kids at night but since it was so close to him having to wake to get ready for work I went in to Little Mister's room. Do you know what he wanted, that little stinker!

Little Mister: Mom, um mom (rubbing his eyes), when it's morning will you make waffles and then make tater tots for dinner.

Mom: As I chuckled, "Are you hungry?"

Little Mister: Uh Huh

Mom: Well, you go back to sleep and I'll make you waffles for breakfast. We'll have to see about the tater tots because I don't have any. We'd have to go buy some at the store.

Little Mister: Can you buy some when I'm at school?

Mom: We'll see. But I know I can make you waffles for sure. That's a great idea. Now you go back to sleep and don't get up before 6:30.

Little Mister: OK

A few hours later at 6:08 a.m.

He comes in mom's room. Fully dressed, bed made and ready for the day. He sat on my bed and watched a few minutes of the Olympics before we woke his sister up. He just can't sleep in!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Precious Will....I know it drives you crazy but it's sure fun to read about. :)