So,
Last week I had oral surgery. My mouth should be in the Guinness Book of World Records! I actually had a dentist tell me that long ago because I have such strange things going on with my bones, gum, teeth, etc.
On one side at the top of my mouth I have no bone marrow. The bone is like solid rock, according to the surgeon (who happens to be in my new Ward). Because of this, two of my permanent teeth never came in....they are just stuck way up high. The teeth aren't really the problem, they can stay where they are. The bone is the problem. The surgeon did a biopsy of the gum and bone. I hope they find something, but the surgeon wasn't sure if there was anything they could do. Everything will be fine so don't worry.
But, the main reason for this post is to talk about the STITCHES. Oh, those terrible, awful, supposedly dissolvable stitches. They are the worst, especially in your mouth. There were a couple of stitches in the roof of my mouth that were pulling tight and it was driving me mad! I couldn't take it anymore so I took my magnifying mirror and tiny scissors and cut all the knots off and pulled them right out. Yep! Sure did. There was immediate relief and I felt so much better.
To the surgeon, "yep, the stitches dissolved just fine, no problems".
And that's my stitches story!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment