Monday, June 25, 2012

Just checking in

It’s been a while.  I am still trying to catch up from having my mom for two weeks and then flying home with her and spending an exhausting week in Arizona. 

Emotionally exhausting, too.  Mom did not even remember she lived where she had lived for over six years.  She was so confused about everything and did not want to be alone at all.  It was a good time to make the transition to an assisted living home.  And so we did.

She moved in to her new home one week ago.  It is such a hard thing to do to a parent.  Hard. Hard. Hard.  Lots of tears were shed and questions asked.  Did we make the right decisions, etc?  I’ll expound later.

I think the interrupted sleep with my mom really caught up with me.  I came home feeling like I’d never be able to sleep enough.  Last Wednesday Little Miss was home sick.  Once we sent the boys off for the day we went back to bed and slept until almost 11:00.  It was just what I needed.  I had my energy back and Little Miss is fine.

The kids finish school this week.  We are looking forward to a fun summer with lots of activities.

We have an extremely busy July.  Lots of visitors are coming.  

I’ll try to get back to blogging soon.

1 comment:

zollybunch said...

What facility is your mom in? I'd love to go see her and bring her flowers or cookies. When we lived in Tempe, we had an Alzheimer's facility right around the corner from us and we would go every other week to visit the patients there with my girls. We all loved it. I'm so sorry your mom and your family are having to deal with this. Thinking of you!