Monday, January 16, 2012

This Little Word of Mine

Like many others who choose a word for the year, I also like to hone in on one word to focus on during the year. I always start thinking about it before the new year. My thoughts are normally scattered and as I pray and ponder I am eventually led to that one needed word. When I finally come upon it, I know it for sure.

A single word can be a powerful thing. Sometimes a single word can change everything.
In review, the last two years words were:

2010 - Simplify. "The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so the necessary may speak." I love this quote. I still repeat this to myself often so that I can remember to listen, really listen and accept those things I know I am supposed to do and DO them!

2011 - Commitment. "To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting."

And my word for 2012 is RISE

For the past several weeks my thoughts keep turning to the thought of "raise the bar". Setting a higher standard where more is expected to reach that standard.

I have previously read/heard the quotes, "If you don't raise the bar, how will you ever know your potential?" And, "Raise the bar high then raise it again."

Lots of changes will be happening in our family this year. I am going to RISE up and accept those challenges and changes better than I know how:) I am going to push myself to do some of the things I have always wanted to do. It will be hard, but I can do it.

Here's to 2012! I am going to make this my best year so far. I hope you do, too.

More later.

No comments: