We stayed home for Thanksgiving. It was calm and stress free. I did a bit of cooking and baking, but not much.
It was just the four of us.
It was different.
For as long as we have been married we have been able to enjoy both my family and Big Misters family on Thanksgiving Day. That’s a lot of people and a lot of cousins for the kids to play with.
We were most concerned about the kids missing their cousins but they were fine.
I got up early to get the turkey in the oven. Then I began scouring the ads. Not much this year that I was interested it.
We lazily prepared a few side dishes while the kids played and watched the parade. Big Mister forgot there was only four of us and made enough mashed potatoes to feed his family and mine!
Charlie and his girls visited for a couple of hours about noon time. At least we had some visitors so it made it seem more like Thanksgiving. They were headed out for a Thanksgiving Feast at a hotel in Salt Lake City.
We ate our Thanksgiving Feast about 2:30. We set the table all nice with a cloth and decorations.
It was good, but I think it’s true what is said about food tasting best when it’s shared! Next year we will rethink just having the four of us.
As long as our little family is together though….life is good:)
After we cleaned up we took a nice long walk.
About a two hour walk. We did not intend to be gone that long, but we took our time watching and waiting for Little Miss to do all her cartwheels, splits and hand springs. Of course, Little Mister had to show us tricks with his roller blades.
Our goal was to walk to one of our favorite spots.
We drive past this almost every day. The Jordan River Temple.
The gates were locked so the picture is way far back with trees in the way!
Want to see a way better picture of this temple? Taken in spring time, for sure!
We made our way back home in time for hot chocolate and a movie.
The kids are WAY in to hot chocolate these days. Have you tried this?
Oh my, it is so good. We get it at Wallyworld Wal-Mart.
I can hardly think about Thanksgiving without the rush of excitement for Black Friday. I don’t go shopping with any anticipation of getting anything. It’s just fun to go and see what deals I can find. I didn’t even get out of bed until 6:30 a.m. on Black Friday! I was out the door by 7:00 and back home by 10:00 to pick up the family.
We love to get out on Black Friday, the kids think it’s so fun.
Actually, my best shopping day for good deals was online the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Can’t wait for the packages to start arriving. Shopping from the comfort of my own home…I can almost get used to that.
Late Friday afternoon Big Mister’s niece came to visit us from Orem. We ate some dinner and then drove to Salt Lake City to see all the Christmas lights in the city and at Temple Square.
She spent the night and it was so nice to have her with us.
**********
Our Thanksgiving (construction paper) tree has come down.
The advent calendars are up.
The Christmas Tree is up.
The stockings are hung.
Christmas has arrived at our house.
And we can’t wait to be in Arizona with our family for Christmas.
1 comment:
What a nice thanksgiving! :) I bet that 2 hour walk was fun with all the pretty trees :)
Post a Comment