Tuesday, February 8, 2011

In remembrance

IMG_1999Big Mister’s father passed away February 6, 2011.   We will miss him so much but we know he will feel so much better in heaven. 

The above picture was taken on New Year’s Day.  We were getting together as a family that day and I kept thinking how nice it would be to take a few pictures of mom and dad.  I brushed off the thought several times until the day before the party when the impression was so strong that I called my niece and she was able to come by and take mom and dad’s picture.    Thanks Jessica.   It was meant to be!

It would be the last family party he was able to attend.  He went into the hospital a couple days later and then his health took a turn for the worse.  He passed away peacefully in his sleep at home.  IMG_1988

Big Mister’s mom and dad were great examples of how spouses should treat one another.  They were truly tender towards each other and very much in love.  Mom tended to dad so graciously through the last months as his health deteriorated.  They had a wonderful life together and raised seven children.

IMG_2029 Big Mister’s sweet mom.

We look forward to the days ahead as mom begins a new chapter of her life.  She can spend more time with her children and grandchildren which she desires so much. 

Dad will never be forgotten.  He lives in each one of his children and grandchildren and was so proud of each one of them and their accomplishments.

We love you dad.

4 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

What sweet pictures that will be cherished forever! Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys and Big Mister's family.

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful Carla. The pictures are wonderful. He is so handsome and mom is so beautiful. The pictures match the descriptions of each of them perfectly. Thank you for allowing my family to spend some time with them over the past several months. I would love to continue this. Please let me know what time the service is on Friday.
Much Love,
Kimberly

wendy said...

I love those photos and I'm so glad you listened to your heart and had them taken. I'm sure he is having his own family reunion right now! My thoughts are with the entire Mccain family!

zollybunch said...

I'm so sorry Carla! Losing family is always so hard! What great pictures you have to remember him by! If I can help in any way, please let me...I would be honored if you would ask! We have kept you and your family in our prayers.

Carolyn