Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So, how’s the no sugar thing going?

In one word, “GREAT!”   In another word, “HARD.”

Easter was especially hard.  I didn’t make it any easier on myself by baking the most divine, delicious carrot cake ever for our family party.  A really moist, yummy carrot cake with cream cheese icing is a total weakness for me.  I had to have some.   And I did.  Two bites.   I also picked one of the best looking pieces from the center of the sheet cake and wrapped it with care and placed it in the freezer.  I am hiding it from Little Mister because he always finds the treats.  He knows my secrets!  I will pull it out on my Wedding Anniversary next month and enjoy every bite. 

I will not bake this temptation of a cake again for a long, long time. 

There are two desserts that I cannot resist.  And, they have to be homemade from scratch with the bestest ever ingredients or they don’t even tempt me.

German Chocolate Cake with that yummy coconut frosting and Carrot cake with that delicious cream cheese icing fluffed just right.

OK, I am drooling and probably just gained back five pounds!

Oh, and while confessions are coming out of my mouth, I also ate a handful of peanut M&M’s on Easter Sunday.  They are no longer allowed in the house. 

I was quickly back into the no sugar zone!  It’s hard every single day.

It’s difficult to talk about the need to get more healthy and lose weight.   But, that’s our life right now. 

Big Mister is doing excellent with the no sweets and soda.  He has had two or three soda’s in the last few weeks which is a significant improvement for him.  At least it is not a daily occurrence for him any longer. 

Big Mister is down 37 lbs.  And for me…..19 1/2 lbs.  Shall we just round it up to 20 lbs.  That sounds better.   I wanted it to be more and it’s not fair that Big Mister lost double what I have lost so far!!  But, we are all proud of him for this big accomplishment. 

This made me laugh:

You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the ---- she is.                - Ellen Degeneres

If you want to know why the carrot cake was so divine, just check out this recipe and list of ingredients.  Now go make it but don’t share with me!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow! That is SO GREAT! And I agree...it is definately NOT fair that men lose weight faster/easier that women!!!
It is SO fun to see pictures of your family. Especially your Mom and her Beau...CUTE!

The Curtis Family said...

Good for you guys Carla. You didn't mention your success when we were talking about it this afternoon! Go you! Glad to see, though, that I'm not the only one who succumbed to Easter candy (even though mine happened a full week-plus later - I was so good on Easter itself!)

Keep it up! You and Big Mister both :)

Kimberly said...

You are doing incredible! A true inspiration! Men always lose faster than women, so don't feel bad about that. It's just the way it is! You have lost 20 lbs! Do the happy dance. Congrats on your success and helping to make your family more healthy.

Alli grins said...

Good for you! The no sugar thing is tough (I know from experience...ha!) You deserve a little happy dance:-)