Friday, September 4, 2009

Furniture Before and After

Coffee Table make over

Purchased this coffee table at Goodwill for $15
It needed a bit of help.

The top was very worn, scratched and colored on.

A good sanding all over.
Vacuumed the dust out of the grooves then
wiped it all down with a wet cloth.

After one coat of spray paint primer.

After one coat of Heirloom White Spray Paint
(I did two coats)
Once dry, I tackled the glazing technique.
I used Technique glaze and regular $1 craft paint in a brown color.

4 parts glaze to 1 part craft paint.
It didn't take much.

Then I went to work on glazing the table to give it some
definition and a bit of aged look.
I painted the glaze on with a craft brush then waited a second.
I then wiped with a paper towel until I achieved the look I wanted.

Glazing the top (paint and wipe)
Done Glazing

Then I added two coats of Polyurethane to seal



All sealed and waiting to dry.
Much better!


BEFORE:AFTER:

Not too bad for a Goodwill find!

4 comments:

wendy said...

Looks Great!
ok, when ya coming over? I have a bed that I want done in black!

Jamie said...

LOVE IT!!!

Susan said...

Wow!

Ali said...

Looks great!

So, be honest, I see vacuum marks there under your fancy new table. Did you vacuum before you took the picture or is that just coincidence? LOL